Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Me

Well, I would like to think so. Don't we all? Want to start off a new year with a new us and new goals. Most of which will fall by the wayside by next month. I for one want to continue on my track of being a more positive person. To stop letting others influence me so much and stop giving a rats a$$ what they think. If I'm happy, that's all they should worry about. The same for me and them, as long as they're happy... Some people have managed to make their own way out of my life little by little. I get angry at myself at times because I try to be the best friend I can be to those around me, and when it's not reciprocated I get hurt and upset. But, it's through my own fault.
This past year has been rough for my family and I. We've had our ups and downs, some of which we're still struggling with but they have gone above and beyond to prove that they are there to support and protect us to the fullest extent. Even though I am super glad to see 2012 go, that was the one bright spot for me. The lowest of the low, brought out the truest of the true.
The house hunt has concluded, we are in the process of a short sale which in and of itself is a pain in the ass. Couple that with the fact that financially, we can't afford it, but if we don't more forward with it we lose money we put in already. Again, family is stepping up to help until we get back on our feet. It frustrates me to no end be we had a plan, a solid plan, and that rug got dragged out from under us and having to regroup is hard. I really hate being in limbo. With all that aside, the positive is that we are in a new year. We will have a new baby (coming March 2013!!) and a new home. It will be a stressful year, but one that I hope will be much more positive than the one before it. Starting with the fact that we won't have to live with crazy people any more! Shorty McShort pants has been decidedly quiet and MIA since his mom passed away (we think, or maybe she went to a home...either way it's less stress I can only assume for him). The crazy guy down the hall has hit a new high, sitting in his doorway and making the random sounds to hear it echo. His door looks directly out to our bedroom wall so at all hours of the day and night we get to hear a myriad of noises. Depending on my mood I laugh or want to punch the (very hard concrete) wall. We will miss our friends/neighbors down the hall, but hopefully the new place is close enough they'll come to visit. I just hope we like our new neighbors as much. My final image is one my photographer friend took (Cat Dunbar) I like to call "Sticking it to 2012"
Peace out 2012, and may all the bad you brought stay with you.

No comments: