Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#mommyguilt

As I write this, my now 2 year old is home with my mom.  I'm fortunate(ish) to have a situation in which all the grandparents love us so much they pitch in and watch Nate so that we don't have to spend the money we don't have in order to make a living.
But with that, still comes the desire to either be at home with him or be able to send him to some sort of program to get stimulation.
In comes the mommy guilt.  Because working 40 hours a week, plus my photography business isn't enough.  I also have to cram something to do with him into every.single.week.
Minimum.
Yesterday I got home from work and proceeded to take him on a 4 mile bike ride (heh, haven't done that in a while and yes I passed out at 9 PM) so we could go to the park.
Tonight it's something else.
I don't know why I have this feeling of needing to fill his days with memorable things.  As my father has told me, he's going to be little for a little longer.  As in, I don't have to rush to give him every life experience in existence RIGHT NOW.
But I work so much, and feel as though I need to.  Or I'm being a bad parent.
I recently said this to another mom who has a son around Nate's age.  She just couldn't understand.  I just can't relax.  I need to constantly be doing something and making memories.  I truly am treating each day as though it will be our last, and I'm not entirely sure that it's healthy.  It is however my mind frame at the moment.
And honestly, with a kid as awesome as mine, who wouldn't want to spend every waking second with him?

*PS- I do intend on discussing #mommyguilt in more blogs, so stay tuned!

No comments: